Tuesday 4 November 2008

Welcome to my "Working From Home Income" Blog

It seems as though nearly everyone is looking for a way to earn some extra money these days. The main challenge they seem to be up against is the ticking clock! It’s easy to get excited about working from home opportunities and before you know it you’re visualising yourself as a free agent.

9-5 or 8-6 is a thing of the past. You’re there sunning yourself on the balcony (unless you live in the UK of course in which case you would need to find another amusement which is not weather dependent!)

Everything is humming along nicely. You have leisure time to spend with your kids, you can be there for all their school activities, and you’ve even got time to go shopping when all the eager crowds are trapped in their offices. On top of that you actually have money to spend in the shops and can pay cash for everything if you choose. No more nasty old credit card bills squeezing the breath out of you every month.

Life couldn’t be better! Then you jolt back down to earth with a shock as your boss screeches your name and you scurry after him into his office. Aaaaaaaaaaahh …. Working from home. What a nice dream that was – where did it slip away to?

That was how my life looked for rather a long time. From as early in my career as my first day at Barclays Bank as a junior, fresh out of college, I detested being an employee. Strangely enough even with that poor attitude I did rather well. I suppose I just couldn’t see a way out at that point so I just went along with it all and put a good face on things.

It didn’t stop me saving up every penny though, so I could make a quick escape and it wasn’t long before I was off travelling the world on an extended vacation. I had many jobs over the years, some more soul destroying than others. The point was that I always knew there was a way out. I just hadn’t found it yet.

It was at age 33 I was introduced to the concept of residual income. Well actually that isn’t strictly true. I had dabbled with some party plan in my early 20s and the concept of residual income came my way. Unfortunately the actual income didn’t because I wasn’t shown a plan to match the concept.

So I had to wait until age 33 to really GET it! You know what I mean don’t you? When you experience one of those rare moments, that even as you are in it, you just know that absolutely without the shadow of a doubt it is changing your life forever.

Ever since I got the concept and understood the formula, Residual Income = Freedom, I have been hooked. I immediately got into action so I could start producing some of this wonderful residual income. Now I am 39 and very rarely do I even review a business concept if there is no residual income attached to it. I mean why would I? Why would you for that matter?

I started this blog to help people who want to work from home. The aim of the blog is to share with you every aspect of the kind of life you can achieve with the right business model.

Recommended business opportunities and resources will be reviewed here. Money making tips and training information will be shared to help those who are committed to improve their lifestyle and want to learn how to flourish when working from home.

To Your Success

Rachel

No comments: